Senator Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), who was recently caught lying about being an Army Ranger, has also been lying about President Biden’s immigration policy.
“He’s unveiling his draft immigration bill this week, and it’s what you’d expect from the party of open borders: Total amnesty, no regard for the health or security of Americans, and zero enforcement,” Cotton said in a recent xenophobic tweet.
OK, Sen. Cotton. Let’s take a look at some of the bill’s provisions. A fact sheet published by President Biden’s office says the proposed legislation:
• Allows undocumented individuals to apply for temporary legal status, with the ability to apply for green cards after five years if they pass criminal and national security background checks and pay their taxes.
• Reforms the family-based immigration system by clearing backlogs, recapturing unused visas, eliminating lengthy wait times and increasing per-country visa caps.
Eliminates provisions that keep families apart.
• Further supports families by more explicitly including permanent partnerships and eliminating discrimination facing LGBTQ+ families.
• Provides protections for orphans, widows, children and Filipino veterans who fought alongside the U.S. in World War II.
• Allows immigrants with approved family-sponsorship petitions to join family in the U.S. on a temporary basis while they wait for green cards to become available.
• Supplements existing border resources with technology and infrastructure and cracks down on criminal organizations.
• Enhances the ability to prosecute individuals involved in smuggling and trafficking networks who are responsible for the exploitation of migrants.
• Expands investigations, intelligence collection and analysis to increase sanctions against foreign narcotics traffickers, their organizations and networks.
• Expands transnational anti-gang task forces in Central America.
• Addresses the root causes of immigration.
What the bill doesn’t include are cruel, inhumane measures to rip young children from their parents and put them in cages without any hope of ever being reunited.
1. Trump from Michael_Novakhov (197 sites)